Eggstra! Eggstra!

Life with nine pure-breed chickens...

Wednesday, September 13, 2006

Rain ... and more rain.

This afternoon, it began to rain as forecast and the little folk once again made for the shed. Chickens do not like to get wet. I decided to persuade them into the covered run under the new house with the aid of some corn. By the time I had got a tarpaulin on top of the attached run I was soaked. But at least the girls were dry if somewhat spooked by the tarp.

As it started to get dark, the heavens opened - the girls had gone up the ramp and through the pophole into the house. As I want them to develop good perching habits, I placed the four not already perching up on the perch. As usual, the only real complainant was a Maran.

Later in the evening, the rain became even heavier complete with thunder and lightning. Being a new house, and after consultation with a chicken keeping friend, I thought it best to go back out and make sure there were no leaks. No leaks. Great. Dry chickens, dry house... soaked me... again.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home